- 1 What condiments are served with sushi?
- 2 What can you put on sushi Besides soy sauce?
- 3 What accompanies sushi?
- 4 What is the black sauce on sushi?
- 5 What is the pink stuff served with sushi?
- 6 What’s the green stuff served with sushi?
- 7 Can I eat sushi without soy sauce?
- 8 Can I dip sushi in soy sauce?
- 9 What is wasabi and horseradish?
- 10 What is the white stuff served with sushi?
- 11 What drink goes best with sushi?
- 12 How much sushi is enough for one?
- 13 Is oyster sauce like eel sauce?
- 14 What is sushi sauce made of?
- 15 Can you eat raw eel sushi?
What condiments are served with sushi?
Condiments and Accompaniments
- Sushi/ Rice Vinegar: Sushi Protection. Has powerful sterilizing and anti-bacterial effects, making it an indispensible condiment for the safe consumption of sushi.
- Wasabi: Making Raw Fish Safe.
- Soy Sauce: Flavour, Aroma, Power.
- Gari: Deliciously Healthy.
- Green Tea: Full of Vitamins.
- Bamboo Leaf: Used for Storing.
What can you put on sushi Besides soy sauce?
Some customers have a soy allergy so we try to suggest alternatives upon request. We have wasabi mayo, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, ebi mayo, mustard sauce, ginger sauce, nanami togarashi, and yuzu powder, lemon or lime slices, mango sauce, mango slices.
What accompanies sushi?
To help you out, I’ve gathered some of the best sides, desserts, and drinks that will transform your sushi into an unforgettable meal.
- Miso Soup. Japanese meals always have soup in it, so this is a must if you’re eating sushi.
- Gari or Pickled Ginger.
- Kani Salad.
- Seaweed Salad.
What is the black sauce on sushi?
Teriyaki Sauce This is the black and sticky version of soy sauce used for glazing the fish on top of the sushi. It may also be drizzled over the toppings on a California roll (see recipes) to enhance the flavor. It has a bold flavor and thicker consistency that goes well with a variety of other dishes.
What is the pink stuff served with sushi?
Traditionally, pickled ginger (or gari) is served as a palate cleanser during a meal made up of several courses of sushi. A bite of ginger between the different pieces of sushi allows you to distinguish the distinct flavors of each fish.
What’s the green stuff served with sushi?
Wasabi. Wasabi is the green paste that you will find served with sushi dishes. It is very spicy and should be used lightly.
Can I eat sushi without soy sauce?
Would you eat sushi without soy sauce? Absolutely. Some kinds would be lessened, not improved by soy of any amount. Unagi nigiri would be one example.
Can I dip sushi in soy sauce?
Don’t dip sushi that comes with its own sauce in soy sauce. There’s a reason chefs put that sauce on your sushi, and adding soy sauce to it has the potential to detract from the flavor they were hoping you would experience.
What is wasabi and horseradish?
Horseradish and wasabi, a.k.a Japanese horseradish, are in the same Brassica family of plants that also includes mustard, cabbage, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. Horseradish is cultivated for its large roots, which are brown-skinned and pure white inside, whereas the bright-green wasabi stem is the prize.
What is the white stuff served with sushi?
Gari is often served and eaten after sushi, and is sometimes called sushi ginger. It may also simply be called pickled ginger. In Japanese cuisine, it is considered to be essential in the presentation of sushi.
What drink goes best with sushi?
White wines such as Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc – or even Champagne – are examples of mild flavours which work well with sushi.
How much sushi is enough for one?
Sushi is designed to share, which is why so many sushi catering packages feature platters or sushi “boats.” If you’re wondering how to order sushi for a hungry office, a good rule of thumb is roughly one roll (six pieces) per person. This still holds true if you’re ordering starters, like salad or miso soup, too.
Is oyster sauce like eel sauce?
While eel sauce is not actually made from eel, oyster sauce is made from oysters. It is a combination of oyster’s natural juices mixed with sugar, salt, and sometimes cornstarch. Oyster sauce is commonly used to flavor some types of sushi but it can not be used as a substitute for eel sauce in all recipes.
What is sushi sauce made of?
Spicy sushi sauce is literally just a few pantry staples mixed together: mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil. I whisked it together in a bowl and that was it.
Can you eat raw eel sushi?
Sushi fans have many options for raw fish, but eel is always served cooked. Eels ‘ blood is poisonous, which discourages other creatures from eating them. A very small amount of eel blood is enough to kill a person, so raw eel should never be eaten.